DESPITE the fact that the term ‘reload bonus’ makes it sound like an unlocked level in a video game, it’s actually a very common term in the online casino space.
The word ‘reload’ refers to topping up your casino account with additional funds, and these kinds of bonuses help you to do just that. Reload bonuses are a step beyond the initial welcome bonus offer, allowing players to continue to gain additional value for repeat logins and deposits. A quality online casino will be committed to retaining players in the long-term, offering value and rewards in exchange for loyalty. This guide attempts to demystify reload bonuses, explaining how they work and what to watch out for. We cover the best reload bonuses available to UK players and give you the opportunity to take a look behind the curtain before choosing your next place to play.
Our favourite online casinos with reload bonuses
Top 15 casino sites that offer reload bonuses for UK players
Duelz Casino sign up offer
MrQ No deposit bonus
Get No Deposit Spins + 30 Free Spins on Your First Deposit with code THESUN35
18+ | First 5 spins: Players who have successfully completed age verification will be credited 5 Free Spins on Starburst 10p per spin, no deposit required, no wagering requirements. Subsequent 30 spins: Min deposit & spend £10. Max 30 spins on Starburst at 10p per spin. Spins credited upon spend of £10. Full T&Cs Apply.
Mr Vegas sign up offer
Get 100% bonus up to £50 + 100 bonus spins
18+. Welcome bonus: New UK depositing players only. Min first deposit: £10. Max bonus £50. 100 spins require 3 deposits. 100% bonus and 20 spins on 1st deposit. 40 spins on 2nd deposit (min £20), and 40 spins on 3rd deposit (min £20). Spins issued on selected games. Spins and bonus wagering requirement: 35x, spins expire after 24 hours. Gambling can be addictive. Play responsibly, www.begambleaware.org. T&C’s apply.
Magic Red sign up offer
20 free spins upon deposit
Voodoo Dreams sign up offer
100% up to £50 + 50 free spins
18+ | New players only. Maximum £50 bonus. Minimum deposit: £20. Bonus wins are capped at £500. Max bet with active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match deposit bonus: 60 times sum of deposit + bonus. Winnings from Free Spins are credited as Real Money without wagering requirements. Bonus expires after 30 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Deposit £20, play with £50
Griffon Casino sign up
Deposit and get up to 200 bonus spins
18+. Welcome bonus: new UK depositing players only. 200 spins require 3 deposits of min. £20 each and are issued as follows: 50 on 1st deposit, 50 on 2nd deposit and 100 on 3rd deposit. Spins are issued on selected games. Winnings from spins are bonus with wagering requirements 35x. Spins expire after 24 hours. Bonus expires after 21 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Winomania sign up bonus
32Red Casino sign up offer
Get 150% up to £150
All British Casino
All British Casino
100% up to £100 + 10% cash back forever
Welcome bonus for new players only | Maximum bonus is 100% up to £100 | Min. deposit is £20 | No max cash out | Wagering is 35x bonus | Maximum bet with an active bonus is £5 | Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse | Cashback is cash with no restrictions | Skrill & Neteller deposits excluded | Cashback applies to deposits where no bonus is included | T&Cs apply
What is a reload casino bonus?
A reload bonus is a casino bonus that’s offered to players who have already made at least one deposit at the online casino. It’s a way that these sites entice and reward players into making continued deposits. These bonuses are always made up of bonus cash at the bare minimum because they can be formulated in many ways, and there isn’t a strict rule in place. But regardless of the maths, a reload bonus always offers the player a percentage of their real cash offer in extra free bonus funds.
For example, 100% up to £100 in your next deposit. That means if you deposit £20 you’ll get another £20 in bonus cash on top. It’s important to note that reload bonuses will often come in smaller percentages, like 25%, 50%, or even 75% up to a maximum amount. While these can be tricky to work out, it’s usually safe enough to trust that the online casino will do the correct maths for you.
How do I get a casino reload bonus?
Reload bonuses, unlike deposit bonuses, aren’t always available. Every online casino is allowed to offer them at their discretion. These could be available once a week, once a month, or even every day. The only way to know for sure is to shop around. We recommend a few top online casinos that are known for their quality reload bonuses in this article. Here’s how you can get yourself a reload bonus in a few easy steps:
- Do your research and find a safe and secure online casino
- Browse the ‘Promotions’ section of the site (or check out our featured offers in this article)
- Activate your chosen reload bonus by depositing funds as per the promo instructions with your payment method of choice.
- Claim a percentage of your deposit as bonus cash (it can even be as high as 150%)
- Play games at the casino with your boosted balance
Your reload bonus can be activated in a few different ways. Usually by ‘opt in’ or by promo code. Either way, the online casino will guide you through the entire (very short) process.
How to use a reload bonus at an online casino
In terms of functionality, there’s no real difference between a reload bonus and a welcome bonus. Once it’s up and running, there’s really very little left for you to do except play. The first thing you need to do is browse through the promo section on your favourite online casino site and choose your preferred reload bonus. Make sure to read all the terms and conditions that come attached to the offer, to be absolutely certain that everything is just as it seems. The same page will also contain activation instructions. These are always very simple to follow, and the steps are usually completed in less than 60 seconds. One of the steps always involves making a deposit, as this is a key feature of a reload bonus. The deposit process is identical to the one made when making your very first deposit with the site. It’s generally instant and you’ll see the funds on your account balance immediately, along with the bonus cash triggered by the promo. From that moment on you’re free to play any casino games with your increased balance, so long as the games fall within the remit of the reload bonus terms and conditions.
Why we love reload bonuses
The fact is, just because an online casino calls something a bonus, it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a good idea for you to accept it. Not all bonuses offer great value, and that includes reload bonuses. The online casino needs to be safe and secure, and the bonus itself should come with fair terms that give players a decent chance at converting it to real cash. However, if a reload bonus does meet all those conditions, then suddenly it becomes an offer that’s hard to refuse. There’s a lot to love about bonus cash, and here are some of that main factors:
- Reload bonuses are designed to keep customers coming back for more, so they’re always very generous and built to reward.
- The main goal is for players to deposit again and play for longer sessions, meaning the bonus cash is meant to be big enough to last.
- Reload bonuses ripen with age, meaning the more you return to a casino the more generous the reload bonuses become.
- Give yourself more to spend for free – but watch out for wagering requirements!
- Try out a range of games – even those you’re on the fence about – without risking any of your own cash.
- Boost your profile at your new online casino by gathering loyalty points and climbing the ranks.
- Take the plunge and try out games with increased bet sizes thanks to your increased fund.
What to look out for when using a reload bonus
If your thought reload bonuses were a simple matter of collecting free cash and making a fast withdrawal, then you’re in for something of a wakeup call. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, and a few crucial elements should always be taken into consideration before you dive in and start spending that bonus cash.
- Wagering requirements – You’ll be hard-pressed to find a bonus that comes without wagering requirements. These are also called rollover requirements and playthrough requirements – so don’t get thrown off by terminology. Your focus should be on the figure attached to the requirement, which ideally should sit at 35x or less. At a push, you could accept a maximum 50x wagering requirement – but your goal really should be to seek out bonuses with the lowest rollover requirements possible.
- Wagering contribution table – Game weighting is a common restriction that comes hand in hand with bonus cash. You meet wagering requirements by betting with games, but not all games help you to complete wagering requirements at the same speed. As a general rule, slot games contribute at 100%, table games contribute at 10%, and all other games at 0% – but this can vary from site to site. There are also usually several games that are eliminated from use with bonus cash entirely.
- Match percentage – Your reload bonus will work similarly to the welcome offer you’ve probably already used up. While the welcome offer is usually always a 100% match bonus, reload bonuses tend to come in a little lower. It’s not uncommon to find a reload bonus for 75% or 50% up to £300, for example.
- Maximum bets and winning caps – Most casino bonuses come with limits. These limits stipulate the top end of the bet size, as well as the maximum amount you can win. While it might not seem so important initially, these are key indicators to determine the value of the bonus. If you can only win a little more than your deposit amount then it’s probably not worth the effort. Similarly, if your max bet is set too low, then your win potential is vastly diminished.
- Limited games – You might have a favourite slot you’re excited to play with your bonus cash, but you won’t necessarily be able to. More often than not, every bonus’s terms and conditions set out a number of games that are excluded from use with bonus cash. This is generally set out as a series of excluded slot titles, as well as table games like blackjack because they offer the player a vastly increased edge against the house.
What is the best reload bonus?
It’s hard to pin down a single casino with a great reload bonus. That’s because these types of promotions are rarely permanent fixtures. Other times the online casino might choose to reward specific casino member only, based on their loyalty and participation over a period of time. However, if the bonus restrictions are fair with regards to limitations and wagering requirements, then it doesn’t really matter which online casino is producing the offer. Stick to our recommended list of gambling sites to ensure a safe and secure online gambling experience.
How often can I claim a reload bonus?
Reload bonuses are always doled out at the discretion of the online casino. That means there’s no set number or frequency with which they’re doled out to players. What we can tell you is that online casinos tend to stick to a schedule. If you stick around long enough you’ll start to recognise a pattern, for example, Reload Tuesdays, where players can collect 75% up to £200 in bonus cash every week.
In summary, we advise you to check in with the promo page at your favourite online casino regularly to see if there’s anything you’re interested in available. As long as a reload bonus is available, you can continue to claim it. One thing you should be aware of is that online casinos only allow you to have one active bonus at a time. It means that even if there are two separate reload bonuses on offer, you won’t be able to run them concurrently.
Do casinos give reload bonuses automatically?
The short answer: not really. When it comes to a reload bonus, you always have to explicitly accept the offer. This is due to multiple reasons, not least because of the special terms and conditions that come attached to every offer. But the biggest reason is probably because a reload bonus inherently requires players to make a deposit, which is the main triggering feature, so they can never be automatically applied to your casino account.
The way you onboard a reload bonus will vary from casino to casino. The two most common methods are via an ‘optin’ feature or the application of a bonus code. Both methods are extremely simple and straightforward, and you only have to give the promotion page a quick scan to find out exactly what you should do.
The only times you’ll be awarded a bonus automatically is when they come with no strings attached. Many online casinos use these little gifts to keep players happy and engaged. For example, you might sometimes log in to your account to find a set of free spins without any wagering requirements waiting for you to play.
If you’re interested in free spins take a look at the best casinos with free spins offers.
Can I cash out a reload bonus?
Reload bonuses are designed to offer players the chance to turn the bonus cash into real, withdrawable cash winnings. The truth is, it can be a long – or even fruitless – journey towards that exciting payout. The only thing standing in your way is those pesky wagering requirements. Once you’ve activated your bonus, it will be locked from withdrawal. There’s no way to make withdrawals as soon as the bonus cash hits your account, and there are a few hoops to jump through first.
Even if you’ve made a pure cash deposit, you’ve got to turn it over at least once before you can withdraw it. While this might sound strange, it’s actually a very standard anti-money laundering requirement that’s found at every single licensed and regulated online casino.
But back to reload bonuses and how to turn them into real cash. There’s no magic formula to succeeding. You’ll need to focus on choosing the right games to play (for example, slots with an RTP above 96%), and reading all the fine print ahead of accepting the bonus. This brings us back to one of our early points, that you must really pay attention to the deposit bonus terms and conditions, which always stipulate your wagering target. If the rollover requirements are too high, then the attractiveness of the offer diminishes entirely, as your chances of cashing out become very small.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.